[M3devel] my status on win32

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Wed Jan 16 21:53:32 CET 2008

Quoting Jay <jayk123 at hotmail.com>:

> Yes I agree it is "broken #1" and shouldn't be this way, but I
> assure you, really, your results are 99% there. What isn't working
> is minor and easy to fix and much is working.

Jay, could you please just fix the cm3 package so that it compiles
without problems in NT386(GNU), too? It should not be too difficult;
there are no problems on the POSIX platforms.

As for other installers or installation packages, I'm not against them,
it is just that somebody must take responsibility and maintain them
and keep them up-to-date. I for sure cannot contribute the efforts
needed to maintain different installation variants for different
targets. It has been much work to get everything working as it is.
I'd be very careful with any changes that might have impacts on the
system and installation structures. Everything will have to be tested
on every platform afterwards, and my experience says that at least
half will break regardless how careful you tried to be.

For the integrity of the system itself, the regression test suite
we've now setup will be a great help in my opinion.

Olaf