[M3devel] which platforms?

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Wed May 14 19:25:38 CEST 2008

What do people run?In particular: NetBSD? OpenBSD? Sparc32? Sparc64? PPC64_DARWIN? I386_SOLARIS? AMD64_SOLARIS? SPARC64_SOLARIS? ARM_WINCE? AMD64_NT?

Just curious, I'll probably bring up whatever I can, it's fun, and yes, get back and fix AMD64_LINUX to have
garbage collection, NT386GNU and NT386 tests, cross-platform sets, setup some Tinderboxes, etc...

(AMD64_NT: the gcc available for this includes a bunch of patches, so I'm inclined to either wait for them to go upstream,
or seek an alternate route such as "port" the in-proc backend, llvm, generate C, or maybe write an interpreter for the IL;
and "porting" the backend is probably best preceded by a) x86 LONGINT support b) other x86 targets "for practise", at least one,
though regarding .obj file formats, that would be tangential.)