[M3devel] A question about the M3 licensing...

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Fri Aug 21 11:47:16 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 09:32:31AM +0000, Jay K wrote:

> It's surprising how similar Ada looks to Modula-3..

I think they both dated from the same era, and both are ultimately based
on Pascal syntax.

> I've looked into llvm but haven't really got my head around it and/or
> the cm3 intermediate representation.

Do you mean the internal parse tree?

> If I could get my head around the
> latter I'd really like to try to translate that into C, for better and
> worse.

Didn't there use to be a translator from Modula 3 to C before people
gave up on C as not being a good object code language?  Wouldn't it
still be lurking in anckent CVS branches somewhere?

-- hendrik