[M3devel] OpenGL on Darwin 10.4 x86 (not MacOSX)?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sun Jul 26 20:07:54 CEST 2009

Anyone gotten OpenGL working in Darwin 10.4 x86?
  I don't mean MacOSX. The stripped down Darwin thing.

I had a heck of a time getting X libraries on the machine.
 I had to upgrade Python.
 And X has been broken into a bunch of separate pieces.
 And Xaw installs kind of wrong -- Xaw7.dylib, Xaw6.dylib, and Xaw.so -- .so!
 I changed it around to look like my PPC_LINUX machine to get past that..

Anyway, I have libGL but not some others..tried building Mesa and SGI glx.
I think I'll give up.
Make the system check for SYSTEM_LIBS/LIBORDER, skip packages, and not build
distributions on this system.

Or am I missing smoething??

I did search the web some.
Haven't asked the X/Mesa people.

Maybe Fink is the way?
But the result won't by default be compatible with Mac OSX.