[M3devel] HEADS UP: release_CM3_5_8_RC2 / code freeze

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 15 13:41:38 CEST 2009

I'd still like to:

  reduce the indirection in the recently introduced symlinks..it is a small change (that's what I always say!) (though the movement from pkg to lib I wouldn't call small)

  improve the state of a few targets, esp. ARM_DARWIN, I386_SOLARIS, AMD64_SOLARIS, maybe SPARC64_SOLARIS, SPARC64_OPENBSD, AMD64_OPENBSD, AMD64_NETBSD, I386_OPENBSD, maybe others

  These might be be mostly just:
    - updating RTSignalC.c
    - updating the GNU configuration name for AMD64_SOLARIS in m3cc/src/m3makefile
    - fix my Python scripts to consume the master package list, build m3gdb, build cm3ide, build in dependency order (huh, I thought they always did, now not sure), add your feature of passing on extra parameteres to cm3
    - maybe change the *.sh files to accept parameters in any order like the *.py
    - maybe whittle away more on m3core/src/unix

Also some minor features I'll propose shortly.