[M3devel] bad web pages

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Mon Jul 27 22:49:26 CEST 2009

No offense taken. Any volunteers for working on improving the
web presentation are welcome.

The official domains are opencm3.net and modula3.org.
Everything else should be left to Elego.

I'd really appreciate if someone with the appropriate knowledge
in design would step in. I don't think anybody is interested in
doing that, though. I'd say that 99% of what is there has been
structured and presented by me in the simplest way just to publish
the available information at all.

Some people have made concrete change suggestions, and I'm usually
trying to follow and integrate them.

Let's not try a complete overhaul for this release. Just fix the most
blatant errors and no-gos. Everything else will take months.

The releng pages have been open for discussion here for several weeks
now; they are still not public (i.e. not linked to the other pages)
of opencm3.net.

Suggestions may also simply be checked in (everything is in the repo),
preferrably on a branch, so that everyone can have a look at it.
It's also much more effective. I haven't got the time to process
half a dozen of new and probably conflicting suggestions.

What's not open for discussion in my eyes any more is the structure
of the release archives. We'll just use what is described there,
or it will take months till we get anywhere. It will also be the
last time that I coordinate a CM3 release. Everyone around me is
already complaining :-(

Olaf