[M3devel] CM3 RELENG: suggestion for distribution packages

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Thu May 28 08:58:41 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 00:28 +0000, Jay wrote:

> > problem sorting out library packages and
> > dependicies - same as we have right now.
>
> We have a problem sorting out dependencies?
> I thought the main dilemna was one of "taste" -- too many installable
> packages vs. too few. Or is it that "taste" and "dependencies" clash?

My English can be hectic, but I think i wrote something like "partially
ordered set of groups of packages". People usually do edit scripts when
selecting what they need - and things like juno, mentor, games,, go
out... My proposal is to make logical groups - neither "too many" nor
"too few". And obviously not min "vs." "core" vs. "std" where variants
are subsets..

pkginfo.txt is part of one solution I do not find optimal. As we are
still talking RELENG - obviously not only I.
--
Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>