[M3devel] CM3 on IA64?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Oct 4 03:06:58 CEST 2011

Can you give me or any of us ssh access to it?

Porting is much much easier these days.
Really, it is not difficult.
If gcc supports the target and the target is reasonably Posix compliant, there is almost nothing to do.
These are both true for Linux/ia64.

Can you try?

See http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cm3/doc/notes/porting.txt?rev=1.6;content-type=text%2Fplain

or just go ahead and

  cd scripts/python
  ./bootstrap.py IA64_LINUX

It *might* just work.
It will certainly almost work.
There is really very little to it.
There never was a whole lot really, but there is a lot less now.
A big part used to be rewriting /usr/include in Modula-3, which was tedious, error-prone, and unsafe.
That is gone now.
Before pthreads, another part was dissecting jmpbuf.
That is gone now -- even for user threads.

 - Jay