[M3devel] m3cgc1: fatal error: *** bad M3CG version stamp (0x100), expected 0x110

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Fri May 29 00:25:19 CEST 2015

On 05/28/2015 09:14 AM, John Marino wrote:
> On 5/28/2015 16:02, Olaf Wagner wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 May 2015 13:49:04 +0200
>> John Marino <adacore at marino.st> wrote:
>>> Am I doing some kind of obvious mistake?
>>
>> No. I think upgrade.sh (or .py) cannot really cope with updating a 5.8.6
>> instance to the current state. It took me several days, too, on
>> MacOS X, and I had to do a lot of manual tweaking and copying
>> around. I don't think any casual user will understand the details
>
> That's a pretty big sin given how 5.8.6 is the current release!

I am in adamant agreement with you here.  I periodically interrupt things
to go back and prove I can build the development version from the last release.
In the process, I have discovered and fixed several bootstrap barriers in the
past.  I really think it is a build process problem.

--
Rodney Bates
rodney.m.bates at acm.org