[M3devel] m3cgc1: fatal error: *** bad M3CG version stamp (0x100), expected 0x110

John Marino adacore at marino.st
Fri May 29 17:30:05 CEST 2015

On 5/29/2015 17:23, Olaf Wagner wrote:
> On Fri, 29 May 2015 16:20:28 +0200
> Olaf Wagner <wagner at elego.de> wrote:
>> I'll try to reproduce the problem without the port makefile though.
>
> The bootstrap compiler backend doesn't run on my system:
>
> new exporters -> recompiling FSUtils.i3
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/ports/lang/modula3/work/bootstrap//bin/cm3cg: Undefined symbol "_ThreadRuneLocale"
>   m3_backend => 1
> m3cc (aka cm3cg) failed compiling: FSUtils.ic

I didn't realize you meant you were going to try the bootstrap outside
of the port.  I knew that wouldn't work.  As to "why", it's my fault.  I
built the bootstrap on FreeBSD 9, meaning it would work on 9 and new,
but not 8.  I should have built it on 8 but was tired of fooling with it
by that point.

> It seems there's no way around a system upgrade. But that won't happen
> today, sorry.
>
> I'll make a final test with an older bootstrap archive from opencm3.net
> later.

It might work -- as long as you have older gmp, mpfr, etc.  I found the
problem with those bootstrap is they were dynamically linked to
libraries that don't exist anymore.

John