[M3announce] Modula3.org Server Crash

Michael Anderson michael.anderson at elego.de
Fri Mar 27 06:07:52 CET 2009

Hello Modula3 Users, Developers,

Earlier this week, our Modula3 development and web server
birch.elegosoft.com suffered a sudden and catastrophic hard drive
failure, coinciding with a problem of unrelated origins which rendered
a portion of our filesystem backups unusable.

The status of birch now:

-The cm3 cvs repository is safe, intact, and back online. The data is
up to date, but configuration is not quite as current and will need
some tweaking. Commit email notifications aren't working quite right
yet. If anybody happens to have a halfway recently checked-out
/usr/local/CVSROOT, I'd love to get my hands on it.

-The cvs pserver is available and cvsweb is up.

-The website is up, albeit with a considerable number of broken links,
which will be repaired as other services and data come online.

-I'll be working on Tinderbox next.

I'm hoping to get everything halfway back to normal by early next week.
Sorry for the chaos, thanks for being patient.

-Michael Anderson

--
Michael Anderson
IT Services & Support

elego Software Solutions GmbH
Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25
Building 12.3 (BIG) room 227
13355 Berlin, Germany

phone +49 30 23 45 86 96      michael.anderson at elegosoft.com
fax   +49 30 23 45 86 95      http://www.elegosoft.com

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Olaf Wagner, Sitz Berlin
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 77719, USt-IdNr: DE163214194