[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at birch.elego.de
Sat Dec 30 09:21:10 CET 2006

	cm3/m3-sys/m3quake/src/: QMachine.m3

Log message:
	When copying a .dll, .exe, or .lib, also copy along the .pdb and .manifest, whatever exists.

	The .pdbs are VERY nice to have next to the .dll/.exe for debugging.
	we only get callstacks and line numbers currently, no type info (except in C++ code), but that's still useful.

	The manifests are sometimes necessary to be able to run, such as when using msvcr80.dll on Windows XP/2003/Vista.

	Note that probably the following suffices:
	.exe => .pdb, .manifest
	.dll => .pdb
	.lib => nothing

	.dll manifests are probably in resources (need to investigate more -- using Modula-3 .dll from non Modula-3 .exe esp.)

	.lib have debugging info in them unless we use /Zi instead of /Z7
	(At least with the C++ compiler. The Modula-3 compiler surely does not write out compilation .pdb files, nor does
	mklib handle them.)

	This code ought to be limited to Windows targets (aka "NT386" aka "Win32", but neither is accurate,
	NT386 doesn't cover Win9x, PowerPC, Mips, Alpha, Alpha64, Itanium, AMD64
	Win32 doesn't cover Alpha64, Itanium, AMD64)