[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 18 03:24:09 CEST 2008

Previous cm3cg (on birch) is/was only dependent on:

% ldd /usr/local/cm3/bin/cm3cg
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0xb7e83000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7fc3000)

we shouldn't add libgmp.so and libmpfr.so to this, right?
At least not libmpfr.so. That dependency at least was causing Tinderbox breaks.
Perhaps just add /usr/local/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH or something with -rpath?
I poked around a little with -rpath. I'd'thunk it'd be more automatic.

Ok for building m3cc to have extra dependencies, but the result less so, right?

Granted, a) the source could be imported, small compared to gcc b) could provide a .deb or such with a declared dependency and have apt-get get the dependencies if they are missing. Should probably be building .deb files anyway. Yeah, I know I'm late to this party.
If everyone statically linked, everything would explode in size.

 - Jay