[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 23 03:58:00 CEST 2008

Tony,
I have an old Sun and Solaris en route to me:

 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360045186131
 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360039378928
you think they will be useful here? Or too old/slow?
I have hardly ever used anything from Sun.

I assume we should have SPARC64_SOLARIS (and SPARC64_LINUX).

Is the existing SUN386 appropriate for today's x86 Solaris, or should I386_SOLARIS and AMD64_SOLARIS be introduced?

I don't know how much you know here, but I know very little.
I'll try to figure it out, read the man pages, etc.
I had x86 Solaris installed and running briefly.
I'm going a little crazy here..having fun. :)
Not far along yet, but the ideas are all obvious -- it only takes a little imagination to explode the number of slightly interesting targets -- (one or more of SPARC + SPARC64 + i386 + AMD64 + PPC + PPC64 + IA64 + ARM (MS or Apple phone)) x (one or more of OpenBSD, NetBSD, FreeBSD, Linux, Solaris, NT, DARWIN, CE), not all combinations make sense, and many are already implemented. I guess if the matrix gets particularly far along, it'll be prudent to structure it as a two axis array -- like have Target.m3 switch first on processor and set all the word sizes correctly, separate from OS.

I figure the world is converging on NT386 and AMD64_NT, but these others are all proving a bit stubborn in going away.

Thanks,
 - Jay