[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Sat Jan 19 04:11:34 CET 2008

	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/runtime/: m3makefile
	cm3/m3-sys/cminstall/src/config/: NT386GNU
	cm3/m3-sys/m3front/src/builtinInfo/: InfoModule.m3
	cm3/m3-sys/m3middle/src/: Target.m3

Log message:
	m3-sys/m3middle/src/Target.m3
	m3-libs/m3core/src/runtime/m3makefile
	m3-sys\m3front\src\builtinInfo\InfoModule.m3

	switch NT386GNU to be Win32 instead of POSIX
	switch NT386GNU to _setjmp instead of setjmp
	jmp_buf size still big like Cygwin
	rewrite NT386GNU config file -- almost identical to NT386
	mingwin required for building Modula-3 programs
	mingwin AND msys required for building m3cc

	To boot:

	install Python (www.activestate.com)

	have a working NT386 system
	get current source
	Mine is at c:\dev2\cm3.2 (cm3 is has other paused work, dev was taken by Unix)

	get and install binary distribution (5.1.3 works, anything newer should work)
	I install to c:\cm3
	copy %CVSROOT%\m3-sys\cminstall\src\config\cm3.cfg to \cm3\bin\cm3.cfg

	Have a Visual C++ toolset (cl and link)
	and run the vcvars link on the start menu (this can/will be made easier)
	Almost any version should work.
	if you are using Visual C++ 8.0 (RTM?), rename away its mt.exe
	and get a newer from such as from the Platform SDK. Otherwise it crashes.
	This is not specific to NT386GNU, just that I recently removed the Platform SDK
	from my %PATH%.

	cd %CVSROOT%\scripts\python
	.\upgrade

	install msys and mingwin from http://www.mingw.org (links to SourceForge)
	for mingwin, you only need the "base"
	msys tells you to avoid mingwin make, in favor of msys make, and I did that

	I install to the defaults
	c:\msys\1.0
	c:\mingw

	if you don't install to the defaults, add
	<msys>\bin and <mingwin\bin to $PATH (in which order? I add
	to the start, but which order between the two?)

	if you do install to the defaults, scripts\python will fix path for you,
	if there is no gcc/as/sh on our $PATH

	cd %CVSROOT%\scripts\python
	upgrade && bootntgnu

	NOTE THE RESULTING BINARIES DO NOT YET WORK, but this is still progress.

	These instructions inevitably to be further tested and refined and placed elsewhere!