[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Mon Nov 10 00:22:15 CET 2008

	cm3/m3-sys/cminstall/src/config/: NT386.common
	cm3/m3-sys/cminstall/src/config-no-install/: SOLgnu SOLsun
	                                             Unix.common
	                                             cm3cfg.common

Log message:
	cleanup and combine config files
	linking gcc output with MS linker doesn't work, remove support
	because they differ in the name of the __ImageBase symbol
	"gcc output" desired was libcygwin.a, along with integrated backend output
	GNU ld throws out the integrated backend symbol
	The failed goal was to use integrated backend for I386_CYGWIN, and be debuggable with windbg/cdb.

	GNU ld is now on my path on Solaris, use /usr/ccs/bin/ld directly

	gcc is not working for me for linking on Solaris, use /usr/ccs/bin/ld directly
	(something simple, unresolved symbol "main", I must not be telling it correctly
	to build a shared object)

	gcc on my path is sparc64 targeting and not multilib enabled, so use {target}-gcc explicitly, where
	target is sparc-sun-solaris2.10; {target}-gcc is always reasonable, though {target}
	may have a non-canonical name like spar-solaris, or be very site specific like the "2.10" part
	(sparc64...)

	move portable parts to cm3cfg.common, even if they aren't used there