[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Sun Apr 5 12:05:04 CEST 2009

	cm3/m3-sys/cminstall/src/config-no-install/: AMD64_LINUX
	                                             Unix.common

Log message:
	add the following to linking (AMD64_LINUX
	only at this point, the Unix.common change
	only affects it; we will want this
	whereever supported though)
	-z now -- bind at load time instead of lazily
	-z origin -- uses $ORIGIN
	-Bsymbolic -- if a shared library
	calls some functions it exports, resolve them directly;
	-rpath $ORIGIN/../lib -- enable
	finding shared libaries without setting
	an environment variable (at least for installed binaries)
	-warn-common -- warn for any common symbols
	-pie for executables

	-no-allow-shlib-undefined
	not -- it causes errors

	-rpath most importantly

	rpath could be drastically reduced,
	but for the need to run uninstalled binaries (PklFonts)
	(need to double check my Darwin change here)

	I also tried -soname $ORIGIN/../lib/foo.so.5.
	That doesn't seem to work.
	And then also not clear if it works for uninstalled.
	That is what the PPC_DARWIN change resembles though