[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Thu Apr 9 21:22:35 CEST 2009

	cm3/m3-tools/cvsup/suplib/src/: RCSFile.m3 RsyncFile.m3

Log message:
	truncate file sizes to integer or cardinal.

	This should be reviewed.
	ORD is the way, right?

	It is probably reasonable to limit file sizes in
	CVS repositories to 2gig or 4gig
	I am not really willing to make the idealized stat
	use INTEGER for file sizes since file sizes are
	definitely beyond 4gig in general, even on 32bit systems.
	I assume this code is "safe", in that there will be an
	unhandled exception upon value-losing truncation, not silent
	treatment of a 4g+1 byte file as just 1 byte.
	However the modules are unsafe.

	Arguably "double" is a good type here -- 53 bits of precision
	and of much longer standing and greater compatibility/portability
	than a 64bit integer. 53 bits is a lot.
	But I'm not a fan of floating point..