[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Sat Dec 12 16:16:43 CET 2009

	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/thread/WIN32/: ThreadWin32.m3

Log message:
	We have portable idioms, and now good implementations of them,
	but still, it seems far more sensible for Join to wait
	on the thread itself and not a separate condition.
	(I think even pthreads can do similar -- pthread_join,
	at least in the non alertable case.
	One reason historically not to use this, in the Win32 implementation,
	is the thread cache; if we cache threads, then the threads
	are never signaled.)

	The check for multiple joins is now a bit racy, but that's ok,
	we don't have to always detect it. We could tighten that up
	if it mattered (with more locking).