[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Feb 17 08:16:17 CET 2009

I think 8 and 16 bit types will be difficult on some systems.

It can perhaps be synthesized by rounding the address down to be 32/64-aligned and doing a 32/64-bit operation there, but the other data might be protected by an old fashioned lock and..I don't think that works out correctly.

Granted, I don't know if you have extended support to 8 and 16 bit types, just speculating.