[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Sat Jan 3 14:54:38 CET 2009

	cm3/m3-libs/libm3/src/os/POSIX/: ProcessCygwin.m3
	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/unix/Common/: m3makefile
	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/unix/cygwin/: Unix.i3 Usysdep.i3
	                                     Utypes.i3
	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/unix/linux-common/: Unix.i3 Upthread.i3
	                                           Usignal.i3 Usysdep.i3
	                                           Utypes.i3 m3makefile
	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/unix/linux-sparc/: Usignal.i3
	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/unix/openbsd-common/: Unix.i3 Upthread.i3
	                                             Usignal.i3
	                                             Usysdep.i3
	                                             Utypes.i3
Added files:
	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/unix/Common/: UnixC.c

Log message:
	on going header cleanup/merge (in non-mainstream platforms)

	some lengths were incorrectly int instead of size_t

	flesh out cygwin's Usignal (not used, but need to be the same)

	add wrappers for anything dealing with off_t or opening files
	so that we can be sure to get 64bit off_t and O_LARGEFILE,
	even on 32bit platforms, and with common headers;
	otherwise we'd have to fiddle with the <*extern*> name on
	32bit Linux and Solaris (Solaris not yet relevant here, but it will be)
	Darwin does very similar.

	start adding comments back; they won't be so annoyingly bloated
	when we only have one copy of them instead of per-platform

	add mode_t; we were using the wrong type there in a few places (int)

	remove bogus sigaction type, some editing error problem, it is a field not a type

	cleanup the NDELAY / NONBLOCK / M3_NONBLOCK stuff /somewhat/
	still leaving stuff around for compat
	cleanup is that Usysdep only defines NDELAY, and then portable layer
	aliases all three as one

	Cygwin will hold back with its own Usignal.i3.
	In particular, pthreads platforms need more in Usignal than non-pthreads.
	Cygwin also won't have pthreads.i3 at all, unless/until we use it.