[M3commit] [M3devel] CVS Update: cm3

Tony Hosking hosking at cs.purdue.edu
Mon Jan 12 08:22:31 CET 2009

ThreadPosix is a historic name for threads built on top of simple
POSIX primitives.  The name was given before POSIX pthreads were even
defined.  ThreadPThread describes an implementation of threads built
on top of POSIX pthreads.
ThreadWin32 describes an implementation of threads built on top of
Win32 threads.

SchedulerPosix is indeed a misnomer, but again that name is a historic
artefact.