[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Wed Jan 14 10:34:21 CET 2009

	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/unix/Common/: Uexec.c Unix.i3 Ustat.i3
	                                     m3makefile
Added files:
	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/unix/Common/: Uconstants.c
Removed files:
	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/unix/Common/: Uerror.c

Log message:
	Move all constants-implemented-as-variables to one file dedicated
	to them -- Uconstants.c. This way we don't have to keep picking
	up nickels and dimes on platforms that need to statically
	link to them (cygwin), and we keep functions and data separate.
	Not all of the constants in this file are yet active, but they
	are ok to be there ahead of time. More will migrate here soon.
	We should perhaps rely on Posix mandating some of the values,
	or perhaps that some of the values happen to be identical on
	all platforms, and then make them consts, or we can just
	play it very safe and err toward making them variables.
	As well we will look into removing their uses behind C wrappers.