[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Fri Jul 24 15:21:15 CEST 2009

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

> Two good ways to speed this up:
>
> build and install libgmp libmpfr, non-shared (if you are going to
> distribute the cm3cg)
> don't optimize it
>
> It seems that building libgmp and libmpfr are a tremendous fraction
> of building cm3cg.
>
> Or what you did and have in mind -- only rebuild it when it changes.

Yes.

> In fact, more generally, don't make a new CVS checkout for every
> test run, and don't clean, or at least never clean m3cc, there is
> purported full incremental logic in there.

Hudson keeps the workspaces and only updates.
I commented out the clean-all from the test jobs for the time being.

I'm going to setup a compilation job for m3cc on each platform,
and let that trigger the cm3 builds. Of course m3cc building is
triggered by CVS, we we must include m3cc CVS chanes from triggering the
other jobs.