[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Fri Jul 24 16:15:26 CEST 2009

ps: regarding environment variables, you can do something like:

if not equal($FOO, "")

Look for my uses of $OS for example, which is Windows_NT on NT.

That's been in quake "for as long as I've been paying close attention".

Possibly new feature SUbst_env("${foo}bar${foo}") is equivalent
to old feature $foo & "bar" & $foo

but I'm not certain.

Notice m3-sys/cminstall/src/config-no-install/cm3.cfg:

local readonly proc CM3TargetProbe() is

    if not equal($CM3_TARGET, "")
        TARGET = $CM3_TARGET
        return
    end

    if defined("TARGET")
        return
    end

    if defined("HOST")
        TARGET = HOST
        write("defaulting to native build: ", TARGET, EOL)
        return
    end

    if equal($OS, "Windows_NT")
        TARGET = "NT386"
        write("defaulting to native build: ", TARGET, EOL)
        return
    end

    error(
        "unable to determine target -- try setting the CM3_TARGET environment variable" & CR
        & "Possible values include FreeBSD4, I386_DARWIN, LINUXLIBC6, NetBSD2_i386, NT386, PPC_DARWIN, PPC_LINUX, SOLgnu, SPARC, SPARC32_LINUX, SPARC64_LINUX, AMD64_DARWIN, AMD64_LINUX"
        )
end