[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Sat Jun 27 12:45:15 CEST 2009

	cm3/scripts/python/: make-deb.py make-dist.py make-iexpress.py
	                     pylib.py

Log message:
	work in progress: Debian packages have some problems
	with hardlinks apparently.

	So what we do here is we find the hardlinks before
	making the package, replace one of them with an
	empty file. We know they come only in pairs, though
	generally they could be any number. Make the package,
	and then restore the links. And then the package has
	postinst code that looks finds any zero length files
	in pkg with the same name as any file in lib and
	deletes the zero length file and links them. We know
	this is the pattern. If we had to do something more
	general, we'd inspect the inode number of every
	file, hash them all up, and find the relations that way.

	We could just record all the paths in a text file, but
	I figure leaving the zero length markers is likely to
	aid uninstall.

	In order to speed up testing this while it is in development,
	use gzip instead of lzma and fix -no-m3ship-resolution.
	And only min for now.

	Also fix make-deb.py so it doesn't keep creating new
	empty temporary directories. (Because it generates
	a new tempdir, creates it, then notices the
	one on the command line.)