[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Tue May 12 10:14:55 CEST 2009

	cm3/m3-sys/cminstall/src/config-no-install/: AMD64_LINUX
	                                             Unix.common
	                                             cm3cfg.common

Log message:
	switch to hardlinks betweeen installroot/lib/libfoo.so.5
	and installroot/pkg/foo/target/libfoo.so.5.

	instead of symlinks.

	This allows removing $ORIGIN/../../../lib from runpath and
	using just $ORIGIN/../lib.
	(shared libraries could just use $ORIGIN, but this same
	path is used for libraries and executables)

	Note that AMD64_LINUX already only had $ORIGIN/../lib as its runpath,
	and not also $ORIGIN/../../../lib, which you'd expect to see removed
	in this change (from some config file, whatever I first tested,
	but that is in fact AMD64_LINUX)

	Could be this worked due to:

	% cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/cm3.conf
	/usr/local/cm3/lib

	on birch.

	(which should no longer be necessary for newer installed binaries)

	Note that between AMD64_LINUX and FreeBSD4, code should be made common,
	as well as deciding the fate of a feature in FreeBSD4 I didn't copy to
	AMD64_LINUX.
	Note also that "gnuld" is a common thread of commonality across
	Linux and some/all *BSD (and Cygwin, but not HP-UX, Solaris, Darwin,
	AIX, SGI, Tru64..).
	Some factoring maybe could/should be done there.
	Or this might end up "Unix.common", then overridden selectively.