[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Antony Hosking hosking at elego.de
Thu May 21 15:22:14 CEST 2009

CVSROOT:	/usr/cvs
Changes by:	hosking at birch.	09/05/21 15:22:14

Modified files:
	cm3/m3-sys/m3cc/gcc/gcc/m3cg/: parse.c

Log message:
	Don't hang init_offset vars in the TREE_VALUE field of the record
	constructor.  Doing that confuses the optimizers because the variables are not
	technically in scope for the constructor.  We just need to hang the var
	somewhere until it has RTL and we can extract the proper offset in
	m3_write_globals.  For now let's just drop it in the DECL_LANG_SPECIFIC field
	of the constructor FIELD_DECL.  We should probably buld a proper "struct
	lang_decl" and put it in that but this slight hack works for now.

	The result is a gcc-based backend with which I can bootstrap cm3 on SOLgnu
	with "cm3 -O" (which cm3.cfg interprets as passing -O3 to the backend).

	I'd be interested in any other reports of problems with optimization.