[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Sun Sep 13 18:57:18 CEST 2009

	cm3/m3-sys/cminstall/src/config-no-install/: Solaris.common
	                                             Unix.common

Log message:
	newer Sun cc says:
	cc: Warning: -xarch=v8plus is deprecated, use -m32 -xarch=sparc instead
	cc: Warning: -xarch=v9 is deprecated, use -m64 to create 64-bit programs

	probe at first use of cc (or ld since it is cc) for the warning
	and use the new form if it is found

	In general introduce hooks:
	configure_assembler()
	configure_c_compiler()
	configure_linker()

	That are called before uses of SYSTEM_ASM, SYSTEM_CC, SYSTEM_LD.
	configure_assembler was already in use for I386_DARWIN.

	Even if folks really object to running this stuff as often as it is done,
	the configure code can probably be used asis (say, at install time)
	and the results recorded.

	Personally I don't observe this stuff to be slow and it leaves the
	system more flexible -- no need to reinstall/reconfigure Modula-3 if in
	fact this other stuff can be changed after it is installed.