[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Mon Dec 27 23:31:35 CET 2010

Hi all:
I'm curious about how to implement the threads in user space by using the TSL instruction on uniprocessor where available and multiprocessor systems, that way would be like avoiding the system switching and getting the benefits of user threading in the shell for uniprocessor systems speeding it. See:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~theom/riscos/docs/ultimate/a252swp.txt
This was the idea behind the ARM3 instruction set and later ones, coming for a problem with the OS performance (written on Modula-2+ FYI), though I'm not sure how this Pthread system works right now on them. Perhaps in FreeDOS this would be  not useless like it doesn't have any pthreads if I'm correct, then the  best approach would be like to get  the runtime to work  with just  the hardware help and no pthreads, Am I right?
Thanks in advance