[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Tue Dec 28 11:19:09 CET 2010

	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/thread/Common/: ThreadInternal.c
	                                       ThreadInternal.i3

Log message:
	provide ThreadInternal.StackGrowsDown() to be possibly used by OpenBSD/pthread
	Yes, I know it is easily computed, and the existing computations will remain,
	but it'd be nice to have it implemented in one place and only one place.
	OpenBSD runs on HPPA, which I believe has a stack that grows up.
	FreeBSD and Darwin will retain their assumption and assertion of
	stack growing down. At this rate, I don't see foresee them
	ever having a stack that grows up.
	(Growth up is apparently obviously "more secure", but also rare.)