[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Thu Dec 30 09:46:30 CET 2010

Then please go ahead and make it work...

The OSF/Alpha one hasn't been in use in many years.
 I tried it recently and it didn't work. I don't remember if that was with gcc 4.5 or 4.3.

I couldn't get Solaris/sparc to work with gcc 4.5 even without optimization.

There are two paths to progress.
  - the gcc/libgcc exception handling/stack walking support; you agreed to this..now just for someone to do it...not a small item
  - outputing C++ as intermediate code

Or possibly something involving LLVM.

(meanwhile, I'm playing around with dumping Mach-O files with the *possible* albeit unlikely goal of porting the integrated backend to more x86 targets, which would initially lock-in setjmp/longjmp, but is surely still fixable...)

 - Jay