[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Fri Dec 31 16:04:22 CET 2010

	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/runtime/ex_frame/: RTExFrame.m3
	                                          m3makefile
	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/runtime/ex_stack/: RTExStack.m3
	                                          m3makefile
Removed files:
	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/runtime/ex_frame/: RTExFrame.i3
	cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/runtime/ex_stack/: RTExStack.i3

Log message:
	merge interface RTExFrame into module RTExFrame
	merge interface RTExStack into module RTExStack
	both these modules export common interface RTException
	there are no users of interfaces RTExFrame, RTExStack
	and there probably never will be? They are very low level.

	It is concievable, I guess, that interface RTExStack exists/existed
	to support writing per-target stack walkers in Modula-3?
	Cross that bridge if it is ever rebuilt.
	(We aren't likely to write new stack walkers, let alone in Modula-3;
	we are most likely to reuse existing ones, libunwind/libgcc.)

	It is also concievable that RTExFrame might have uses, e.g.
	stack dumper written in Modula-3?
	Again, doesn't seem likely at the current time and pace.
	(Again, e are more likely to leverage m3cg -funwind-tables/libunwind/libgcc.)