[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Sat Feb 6 18:12:46 CET 2010

Jay Krell wrote:
> CVSROOT:	/usr/cvs
> Changes by:	jkrell at birch.	10/02/05 10:48:42
>
> Modified files:
> 	cm3/m3-sys/m3back/src/: Stackx86.m3
>
> Log message:
> 	adapt procedure doloophole for int64/longint though probably we should sign extend sometimes? VAL calls loophole.

If doloophole is used only to compile LOOPHOLE, this is irrelevant, as the language requires the
two types to have the same size (or arranges it thus, for conversion to an open array).

But then doloophole could conceivable be called in the compiler for some additional purpose
besides translating source code LOOPHOLE.