[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Sun Feb 28 09:41:22 CET 2010

	cm3/m3-sys/m3tests/src/p2/p227/: Main.m3

Log message:
	add command line switch: -include-less-portable-output
	which triggers program to print all the output, including
	word size and/or endian-dependent output
	None of the output is "fully target dependent", there aren't
	n different less portable outputs, just 2 or 4
	It might be nice to have finer control:
	-include-endian-specific-output
	-include-wordsize-specific-output

	that way we could, e.g. compare PPC_LINUX output with I386_LINUX, etc.
	instead of forcing PPC_LINUX to only be comparable to e.g. SPARC32_LINUX

	However I think this is a reasonable compromise.

	If a test truly *only* has endian-specifity or word-size specifity,
	that will be allowed for ('infrastructure' coming soon, just
	a few lines of code in m3makefile), but if a test has any
	of both, then so far my thinking is all or nothing
	(otherwise the logic to pick output file will be trickier)