[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sun Jul 4 02:42:20 CEST 2010

Not a multiprocessor.
  Still interested in selective volatile?

This all bothers me too.
I don't want volatile. It makes the optimized code terrible.
But I don't want to debug any problem from removing it, beyond compilation failure.

I can try a few things.
This is all wierd. I swear I saw it hang several times.
I swear I'm trying to to change "too many" variables at a time. Yes, I know, 2 is too many.

Once I started getting version stamp mismatch, I resorted to using a cross built cm3.
 Out of necessity sort of, but that causes more flucuation of variables.

Let me try again with volatile and see if it is solid.
 Then I'll try with only volatile stores.

I've been trying optimized and unoptimized, and not kept good track of which when.