[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Mon Jun 14 07:25:39 CEST 2010

	cm3/m3-sys/cminstall/src/config-no-install/: ALPHA_OSF
	                                             Unix.common

Log message:
	put the .so files in lib
	and symlink back from pkg
	like other Posix platforms all now do
	I kind of think we might as well move the .a files too.

	move options to SYSTEM_CC (-ieee_with_no_inexact, -pthread)

	more refinement of compile/link flags:
	-error_unresolved
	-readonly_strings

	run assembler with the same flags that gcc does:
	-g -oldas -c -O0 (and -nocpp)

	Neither -oldas nor -c are documented.
	Always using -g seems wrong, never -g0 or -g3, etc.,
	but it seems to be what gcc always does, I tried
	a few different -g and -O parameters (compiling C)

	run mips-tfile
	Changing the flags to the assembler appears
	to have helped significantly here.
	Previously it was always issuing errors.
	Reading osf.h and osf5.h confirm this.

	Debugging is a little better now in gdb.
	m3gdb crashes if I just set a breakpoint.