[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Mon Jun 21 08:12:11 CEST 2010

	cm3/m3-sys/m3cc/gcc/gcc/config/arm/: arm.h
	cm3/m3-sys/m3cc/gcc/gcc/m3cg/: parse.c

Log message:
	put div/mod back to long standing and release form:
	almost always call a function, unless both parameters known
	to be positive or the type is unsigned

	Modula-3 very unfortunately defines div/mod differently than
	pretty much everyone else. Perhaps perhaps the language
	definition can be repaired. It turns out there are several
	reasonable definitions of div and mod. Modula-3 doesn't
	chose the obvious correct one and C doesn't chose the
	obvious incorrect one.

	We may yet be able to use the gcc support but it makes me nervous.
	It requires at least in a very minimal sense, for the frontend
	to support TImode (aka int128_t).

	See: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2010-06/msg00647.html
	(which is just from me, talking to myself..)