[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Wed Mar 10 15:18:43 CET 2010

	cm3/m3-sys/m3back/src/: Stackx86.m3

Log message:
	compare operandPart when comparing stackp

	really something larger is bothering me, looking into
	the assertion failure when I try to remove unnecessary
	instructions from insert/extract

	We get into a situation where part of a value is in one
	of the correct registers, but hi is in low or vice versa,
	and in moving things around, we do the wrong thing.
	Like if we want return value in EDX:EAX and the value is
	currently in EAX:ECX, we do like:
	XCHG EAX,ECX ; put the low part in EAX where it belongs
	MOV EDX, EAX ; wrong, should be MOV EDX, ECX, or reverse
	; the two instructions

	I don't know that there is a problem here in practise or not,
	since I've only seen it so far looking at uncommited changes.