[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sat Mar 13 05:47:04 CET 2010

This change is suspicious. I think it leaks.

Please see http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cm3/m3-libs/libm3/src/os/WIN32/FSWin32.m3?rev=1.7;content-type=text%2Fplain

for the pattern that is usually used.

Granted, given the conservativeness of the collector -- it finds stuff in registers and the stack without a need for metadata telling it where the points are, and the fact that we no longer have VM-synchronization, I don't understand the need for the usual pattern. Maybe because it is willing to move stuff? Therefore a non-traced copy is made for C that won't ever move?

 - Jay