[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Wed Nov 10 11:29:17 CET 2010

	cm3/scripts/: upgrade.sh

Log message:
	remove use of cminstall
	remove prebuild of m3bundle/cminstall

	remove the fallback upon error related to config files

	always follow the same steps:
	build w/old w/o libm3/m3core
	update/ship all at once: cm3, cm3cg, config
	rebuild all including m3core/libm3
	update/ship again (just cm3 should suffice)
	don't bother using install-cm3-compiler.sh
	don't bother making backups
	including that the config backups weren't valuable/complete
	and we have so many other backups already

	add use of m3cggen
	this is only useful under development, not really in Hudson et. al.
	as the developer should commit the updated m3cg.h

	replace "run" with set -ex

	edit usage statement

	stop using "core" group
	it is slightly and unnecessarily inflated (cminstall, m3bundle, parseparams)
	use a hardcoded list

	reduce boilerplate running sysinfo.sh etc.

	make sure we can run cm3 --version and cm3cg --version before accepting them
	(including we have to hack M3CONFIG in case cm3.cfg is not in $PATH, lame!
	it has a version even if there is no cm3.cfg and no target!)

	Still, this doesn't work as it should -- it should ship to temp,
	use that to ship to a second temp,
	and only then update the original and delete the temps.
	(as well, build should just immediately ship, since it is a new empty
	location) (tbd)
	See what python/make-dist.py does.