[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 23 22:51:25 CET 2010

But I did that, or maybe they were already there, and it seem/seemed to help in general, but not for divide.
Presumably fold is removing the cast somewhere.
  Maybe a gcc bug???
I can dig deeper if you really want.

Or maybe they didn't make a difference and I put them in wrong and divide is the only
preexisting problem. I'd have to double check. Sorry, about the lack of certainty..
 (certainly casts were needed in general in a few places, but I don't remember specifically for plus/minus/mult/divide).

I actually find it odd that build_fold is even a public heavily used function.
It seems to me it should be, like, done at the next level down.

Which reminds me, in load/store, if the two types are both integers and the same size
but different in signedness, I want to try *not* taking the address.
Probably also for pointer<=>integer of pointer size.
Though this is "short term", since the address-taking should go away *eventually* by other means (component_ref/array_ref), though realistically, that's a ways off..

 - Jay