[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed Oct 6 16:24:41 CEST 2010

darnit, that was supposed to be diff, not commit
I'm still testing it.

What it really is is:
  use -K PIC on SPARC32_LINUX assembler (to be matched in pylib.py)
  use -mno-app-regs in m3back_flags and gcc (also to be matched in pylib.py, for Linux, I have to check the Sun cc flags)
  remove unnecessary flags about double alignment

I frequently see a problem where -fPIC breaks cross cm3.
It might be this -K PIC or -mno-app-regs.
And I'm seeing SPARC32_LINUX fail early with gcc 4.5. Might be these.
These might also explain SPARC32_SOLARIS problems. I'm still testing.
For some reason I only noticed -mno-app-regs when working on SPARC64, but it seems to maybe related to SPARC32 also.