[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Sep 14 22:50:39 CEST 2010

Rodney, The code was there was precious little and did next to nothing, but has that obnoxous platforms.quake,
and appears to be altering the gdb host, not the target.

All you have to do is:

  mkdir /foo
  cd /foo
  /cvsroot/m3-sys/m3gdb/gdb/configure ....
  make

The entire m3cc/src/m3makefile and m3gdb/src/m3makefile are just
meant to be thin wrappers around that, though m3cc I have thickened.

Anyway, I put back what should be equivalent to what it was.

I would still like to remove it, esp. because of platforms.quake.

Please look at it, decide if you need it, and consider removing it.
Again there is almost nothing there either way, but platforms.quake is not a good thing
to keep around. I want as little platform-specific code/data as possible, and
probably to locate it differently -- like only in config files, not even in Target.m3
if I can help it.

Thanks,