[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Feb 15 02:37:20 CET 2011

You might want to throttle the number of outstanding promises.
If only Posix provided good functions for e.g. finding the number of processors.
Or if NT or Posix made it easy to discover the number of spindles backing a path,
or to easily measure system utilization and backing down when it gets near 100%.
You know, an idle machine should be maxed out, but no more.
A machine with an interactive user should reserve CPU/memory/I/O for forground activity..
I don't I've ever seen this stuff done well though.

 - Jay