[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Thu Jan 13 02:53:06 CET 2011

I haven't lookd, but it sounds like the idea is,
use LockHeap/UnlockHeap instead of Lock/Unlock(initMu)?
ie. resolve problems in a graph by merging nodes.

I was also wondering if, maybe, we can initialize
mutexex/condition variables eagerly instead of on-demand?
Therefore without locking?

I know that currently there's no interface from the
generated code to the runtime for that.

It's a tradeoff. Presumably/hopefully there are many
mutexes and condition variables that are never used,
and initializing them would just be a slow down.