[M3commit] [M3devel] CVS Update: cm3

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Sun Jan 16 04:36:23 CET 2011

Hi all:
The best source of a check for both cases is a test set for Modula-3 vs C threading programs. I mean what source of it might come to crash if we allow just normal range and type checking by itself on the Modula-3 programs, just C part that we don't have, I assume the Modula-3 parts touching it are thread safe as it's the collector, if a program is to crash badly, it should crash in the Modula-3 version and be unsafely crashed at a certain level on C in some cases (sort of the exceptional cases), I'm more interested that it doesn't crash on both sides, sort of being a good M3 behaved guy, that is, what it would mean is we do have a problem on the threading library implementation (not tested, unmarked exception, or uncaught ones?), given platforms behave well, that sometimes I think they do, but we don't know, that's why we need test some assertions if so (not generate the code if you want to run assembly smoothly sure). Perhaps the best approach here is
 just to test it right goes into C mode and then is just part of the safe modules to guard type check the bad inputs or outputs ISTYPE() is a good way of doing it if you may allow me say.
Thanks in advance.