[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Thu Oct 4 08:58:55 CEST 2012

	cm3/m3-sys/m3back/src/: M3C.m3

Log message:
	assert that alignments are all ok
	If that fails, we'll round up in the backend.
	assert that size >= 0 (and not merely > 0)
	size := MAX(size, 1) (convert 0 to 1 -- 0 occurs)
	perhaps it should be size := MAX(size, aligment)

	Should alignment be rounded up to 4 or 8 for variables like M3x86 does?

	I have now compiled the entire system using the C backend
	targeting AMD64_DARWIN. This is a very big milestone.

	This last change has only been tested on a small part of the tree.
	(i.e. that which has zero-sized variables, and everything "after" it)

	I can bring up and interact with various gui apps -- tetris, BadBricks (somewhat),
	Juno, mentor (at least somehow).

	Juno doesn't come up centered, and I recall it always did before.
	That might be something to look into.

	As well, the compiler has long been compiling itself.