[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Sun Oct 20 09:52:06 CEST 2013

	cm3/m3-sys/cminstall/src/config-no-install/: cm3cfg.common
	./: cm3cfg.common
	cm3/scripts/python/: pylib.py

Log message:
	add lower case "c" to the end of BUILD_DIR if using the C backend

	in scripts/python, user must add "c" as a parameter
	then e.g. realclean appends "c"

	This is experimental, in that it has likely been years
	since anyone had TARGET != BUILD_DIR.
	But this is what profiling evidently did.

	Strongly consider:
	make the C backend the overwhelming norm for most/all platforms
	and switch the logic around, i.e. append "cm3cg" if using cm3cg

	Note that AMD64_NT only has one backend.

	Note further that the C output is almost identical across all
	targets, and this will become more the case.. it should, just
	about, become its own target; except that we also run cc/cl
	and ld/link in these output directories...so we need a way
	to share..later

	I considered ".c" but that would look like a file name to people.
	"-c" or "_c" should also be considered.

	This is a working (hopefully) proof of concept, open to change.