[M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay Krell jkrell at elego.de
Tue Sep 3 10:18:49 CEST 2013

CVSROOT:	/usr/cvs
Changes by:	jkrell at birch.	13/09/03 10:18:49

Modified files:
	cm3/m3-ui/ui/src/winvbt/: WinTrestle.m3 

Log message:
	switch from strcpy to memcpy..because I more-or-less removed strcpy..
	Perhaps revisit this.
	Most of Cstring is wrapped in C.
	That netted warnings/errors on OpenBSD if we wrapped strcpy and strcat.
	From the linker.
	So strcpy/strcat are left unwrapped. Usable from Modula-3.
	However in the C backend, char_star ends up as void* and when we import
	Cstring.strcat/strcpy as plain strcat/strcpy and go to declare them,
	we get it wrong, and the C compiler might notice. So we change the names
	to m3_strcpy/m3_strcat. The idea then being, we could provide m3_strcat/m3_strcpy
	over in m3core/src/C or m3core/src/Csupport in a .c file.
	But I didn't get around to that.
	And it hasn't been needed.
	And memcpy is probably faster, so just use it.
	If people really want strcpy/strcat, we can provide them.
	Note, they do work in the integrated backend and the gcc backend.
	But not the C backend. And any use of them on OpenBSD will
	get a linker warning or perhaps error.

More information about the M3commit mailing list